Discover the annual Children’s Festival @ Gardens by the Bay with this year’s edition of the festival centres on The Magic Faraway Tree. Recreating four lands from the series – Land of Enchantments, Land of Tea Parties, Land of Toys, and Land of Nursery Rhymes. The festival will run from May 26 to June 10.
Based on the beloved children’s novel series by Enid Blyton, Children’s Festival @ Gardens by the Bay takes you on a journey to four fascinating lands up The Magic Faraway Tree. With the Magic Leaf Booklet, solve puzzles in each land and collect the color rubs of four special items to redeem a prize (while stocks last daily).
MAGIC PASS TO AN ARRAY OF ACTIVITIES
Enjoy an array of activities as you wander around the Supertree Grove! Organised with the permission of the literary estate of Enid Blyton (Enid Blyton Entertainment), this is the first large-scale Enid Blyton-themed event in Asia.
- Admission to Children’s Festival @ Gardens by the Bay is free and visitors can look forward to a variety of free activities in the four lands.
- Purchase a Magic Pass to enjoy additional activities which grant a child free entry into either Gardens by the Bay’s Flower Dome or Cloud Forest (applicable to Singapore Residents aged 1 to 8 years old)
ACTIVITIES AT THE FOUR LANDS
Land of Enchantments
- Venture into The Strange Woods and see your body disappear before your eyes.
- Be mesmerized by the shimmering, kaleidoscopic magic of a globin.
- Find your way through the Enchanter’s marvelous mirror maze.
Land of Tea Parties
- Take a photo with giant sweet-treat floats at the lawn.
- Take a dip in a confetti-filled giant donut inflatable to earn a yummy treat.
Land of Toys
- Wind up the toy soldiers to hear them play their cymbal and drum, or try your hand at making the toy soldier pop out of his box.
- Rescue Saucepan Man from a jail guarded by toy soldiers in this shooting game.
Land of Nursery Rhymes
- Reel in spiders that would otherwise frighten Miss Muffet away.
FREE PERFORMANCES & ACTIVITIES
Get busy with the array of activities as you wander around the Supertree Grove!
- Sing along to the musical production, Follow the Leaves, by I Theatre.
- Keep your eyes peeled for the folks from Newton Show as they whip up some bewitching science with their apparatuses, and be captivated by tales of imagination and wonder come to life at the storytelling sessions.
- Along the way, meet curious characters like Silky the Fairy, Moon-Face and Saucepan Man, and befriend brand-new characters — Tilly and Fernie, the Magic Leaf Fairies.
- Other activities include balloon sculpting, face painting, giant bubble show, dance, yo-yo, acapella performances and magic tricks. Enjoy all these and more for free!
- In addition, kids can also sign up for fun-filled workshops like Magical Lemonade and Clay Magnet Making (charges apply).
CHILDREN’S FESTIVAL @ GARDENS BY THE BAY:
THE MAGIC FARAWAY TREE
Date: Saturday, 26 May – Sunday, 10 June
Time: 10am – 9pm
Location: Supertree Grove
Details: Admission to the event is free. Charges apply to selected programmes.
Visit www.gardensbythebay.com.sg/childrensfestival for more details.