For the first time ever, Monster Jam, the most-action packed live event on four wheels, will be bringing adrenaline-charged family entertainment to Singapore on 19 August!
Celebrating its 25th anniversary this year, Monster Jam is the supreme family experience, thrilling more than 4 million fans annually over the course of 350 performances. With its Singaporean debut, this epic extravaganza, which combines championship racing and jaw- dropping freestyle action, will have been seen in 28 countries throughout the world.
Before the competitions begin, audiences have the chance to attend the ultimate fan experience, the Pit Party. This pre-show event gives Monster Jam enthusiasts the chance to walk the track, meet their favourite Monster Jam athletes, get autographs and have an up-close and personal look at the Monster Jam trucks. Fans can also purchase official Monster Jam merchandise.
JOIN IN THE PIT PARTY
The Pit Party pre-event experience is open from 2 pm to 6 pm. The main event will start at 7 pm and promises electrifying performances for the whole family in Monster Jam racing and freestyle competitions. Plus, fans will also be thrilled by the high-flying acrobatics of freestyle motocross.
SOME INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT MONSTER JAM
- Celebrating 25 years of adrenaline-charged family fun in 2017, Monster Jam® has been seen by over 4 million fans in 27 countries around the world. Singapore will be the 28th country.
- Monster Jam Singapore will feature 10 Monster Jam trucks including Grave Digger®, 11-time world champion Max-DTM, El Toro Loco®, Monster Mutt® Dalmatian and more.
- Each Monster Jam truck is approximately 10.5 feet tall, 12 feet wide, 17 feet long and weigh a minimum of 10,000 pounds.
- Monster Jam engines generate 1,500 horsepower, thanks to a blower that forces air and fuel into the engine.
- Each Monster Jam truck is powered by methanol fuel, consumed at a rate of 3 gallons per minute from a specially constructed safety cell.
- Monster Jam truck BKT tires are 66 inches high and 43 inches wide, inflated to 16-20 psi pressure and weigh 800 pounds each (with wheel). Tires are customised and hand cut to accommodate track conditions and reduce weight. Cutting one tire takes approximately 50 hours.
- Monster Jam truck bodies are custom-built and are made of fibreglass.
- Each Monster Jam truck is transported in specially prepared trailers, which can include spare parts and as many as two trucks.
- It takes about 18-24 hours to build the track from the time we start covering the field with plywood and dirt until the time the track is show ready.
- About 3,000 – 3,250 pieces of plywood are required to cover a 90,000 square feet field to create the Monster Jam track.
- Approximately 200-250 truckloads equivalent to about 6,000 tons of dirt are used to build a Monster Jam track.
- It takes about 12-15 hours to remove all dirt and plywood from the Stadium after the show to return the facility back to its original state before we moved in for the performance.
- 70 total personnel including drivers will travel to Singapore for the Monster Jam event.
- Feld Entertainment owns 56 Monster Jam trucks.
DATE: 19 August 2017
VENUE: National Stadium
TICKET PRICING: $25 – $120
DURATION: Approximately 2.5 hours with 15mins intermission
WIN! A set of Cat A Family Tickets & Pit Passes & 2 Plush Toys
worth more than $300!
Family Staycation Sg is giving away a set of CAT A family tickets, Pit Passes & 2 Plush Toys to a lucky winner!
Contest Period: 10 Jul – 14 Jul 2017 | Contest closes: 14 Jul 2017, at 11:59 am.
- Like & Share post on our Facebook & IG account!
- Repost Image on IG!
- Tag 5 friends (on both FB & IG post)
- Name 3 of the Monster Jam trucks that will be coming to Singapore?
- The 1 Lucky Winner will be randomly selected, results will be announced on 15 Jul 2017.
- Each winner will receive a set of CAT A family tickets, Pit Passes & 2 Plush Toys.
- All results are final.
- The prize will not be transferable nor for sale.
- Collection details will be advised via confirmation email.
- Other terms & conditions applied.
Disclosure: Giveaway prize is sponsored by Feld Entertainment.
If you like our articles, com’ on follow us on our Facebook page!