Festive Lunar New Year activities for guests at Jurong Bird Park, Night Safari, River Safari, and Singapore Zoo from 15 Feb to 2 Mar 2018!
Lion Dance and festive animal treats
- Usher in a Paw-some New Year with a majestic lion dance at Jurong Bird Park, Singapore Zoo and River Safari, and watch these lions put on an exhilarating performance to bring good fortune to guests.
- Stroll through Singapore Zoo and spot the African Painted Dogs and iconic Orangutans enjoying festive treats, given by their human carers.
- Guests can also rub shoulders with God of Fortune mascots at all four wildlife parks, and go on a Zoo-diac trail to learn what the Year of the Dog has in store for them.
- Or participate in our educational game trail—the Dog Radical Challenge—and discover how the dog takes centrestage in many Chinese characters relating to animals. Complete the challenge for a chance to win a prize in a lucky dip!
- Bound off to River Safari, and witness a stunning catch by the silver Arowana as they leap out of the water to grab their treats, and unveil an auspicious couplet in the process.
- Head over to the Amazon Flooded Forest, where our gentle giants—the manatees—will also unveil their well- wishes for watching guests.
- Over at the west side of Singapore, guests can visit Asia’s largest bird paradise—Jurong Bird Park—where its newest residents, the Blue Macaws, will also be receiving festive treats! Watch them peck and pry open their treats, carefully hidden within firecrackers.
An Electrifying New Year
- Over at Night Safari, be mesmerized by a colorful LED dragon dance, which symbolizes auspiciousness and fortune. Be sure to capture photographs of the dragon swirling and twirling against the dark of night.
- Go on any of the four walking trails to discover nocturnal animals such as the Malayan Tiger and Clouded Leopard, or hop aboard the tram to spot the Indian Wolves and Red Dholes enjoying their festive nibbles while enjoying the cool night breeze.
Festive feast and promotions
- Woof down specially curated festive treats such as Mandarin Orange Cheese Tarts and Almond and Peach Cakes, and host family reunions at Night Safari’s Ulu Ulu Restaurant with an auspicious Yu Sheng set at S$28 or S$48.
- Visit award-winning parks during the festive period? From 16 to 18 February, enjoy a 10% discount off our Friends of Wildlife membership—individual and family—and enjoy annual unlimited access into all four of Wildlife Reserves Singapore’s parks when you sign up online! Terms and conditions apply.
- Guests can also take home a complimentary set of 8 Ang Bao packets with a minimum spend of S$50 at the retail stores.
- Online purchase of tickets can save up to 15%.
- The Mandai Express daily shuttle is available from Khatib MRT to Singapore Zoo between 8.00am to 7.20pm at 20-minute intervals.
- Children below 3 years old ride for free.
- Fares are $1 each way, and payable by EZ-link or NETS FlashPay card.