The Wait is over! The long awaited new Terminal 4 at Changi Airport is finally opening the doors to the public for a sneak peek from 7Aug to 20 August 2017! Invitations are open to Singapore residents to visit Terminal 4 (T4) even before operations begin.
Construction of T4 started in early 2013 and was completed in December 2016. The 195,000 square-metre, double-storey terminal can handle 16 million passengers a year – this is about 70% of the handling capacity of Terminal 3 (T3) although T4 is just half the size of T3. Designed with a boutique interior décor approach, T4 is set to redefine the way passengers travel, through the creative design of the terminal’s layout, streamlined clearance processes as well as the way it leverages technology and innovation for convenient passenger processes and improved staff productivity.
“The Open House visitors will be among the first to learn about and experience the innovations and ‘wow’ features at T4 – facial recognition technology, integrated duty-free shopping, kinetic art displays, a Heritage Zone, and specially curated sculptures, among many others,” said Ms Poh Li San, Vice President, T4 Programme Management Office.
To register, log on to T4OpenHouse.com on 5 July 2017 at 0001 hrs, where a total of 200,000 tickets are available throughout the entire two-week Open House period.
- It’s a free event.
- It will be a ticketed event
- 1 person can register for up to six participants.
- Visiting hours run from 0900 hrs to 1800 hrs daily
- The tour route is expected to take about 90 minutes to two hours.
At the various zones along the Open House route, visitors will be invited to play location-based in-app games where they can win e-vouchers for use at Changi Airport’s retail and F&B outlets. Visitors can also take part in the Photo of the Day competition to win attractive prizes. To top it off, a lucky draw will be conducted at the close of each day, with airline tickets from T4 airlines to be won.
GETTING TO T4
VIA ECP AND PIE EXPRESSWAYS
At the Changi exit, keep to extreme left lane into the slip road towards T4 (the right lanes lead to T1, 2, 3). Proceed up flyover leading directly into T4.
Proceed towards T3.
Just before the T3 exit, turn left onto an existing flyover cutting across Airport Boulevard that will lead towards the city. Keep left and turn into a slip road on the left leading directly to T4.
COMPLIMENTARY SHUTTLE BUS
T4 – BOARDING POINT
Shuttle bus boarding point – T3 Arrival Hall, Coach Stand next to McDonald‟s Shuttle bus frequency – every 5 minutes
First bus leaves T3 at 8.15am. Last bus leaves T4 at 8.15pm.
WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT THE T4 OPEN HOUSE
Who can come for the T4 Open House?
- The T4 Open House is open to all members of the public. Registration is free. Registrants simply need their NRIC/passport number, mobile number and email to register.
- Children and senior citizens are welcome, but do note that the tour route is about 1 km long. Visitors are advised to travel light and avoid bringing bulky bags and items.
- The public are encouraged to visit on the weekdays as it is expected to be crowded on weekends and on the National Day public holiday.
How do I register?
- Registration can be done online at T4OpenHouse.com from 0001hrs on 5 July 2017. Each registrant can register for up to six persons. Registration will close on 19 August 2017, or when all the tickets have been taken up.
- Do note that this is a ticketed event and no walk-ins will be entertained.
Do I have to pay to attend the T4 Open House?
- No, admission is free. However, it is a ticketed event so you will have to register online for an entry ticket to attend the Open House. Registration can be done at T4OpenHouse.com.
How many tickets can I register for?
- You can register for a maximum of six guests including yourself.
Are children allowed to attend the T4 Open House? / Do children need to register?
- Yes, children are welcome to join us at the Open House. Yes, registration needs to be done for children too.
- You can either save the confirmation QR code for each registrant as a screenshot on your mobile phone, or print the confirmation email. Producing one of these will help you to check in faster when you are at T4.
For people who did not pre-register before arriving at T4, will tickets be available for on-site registration?
- No, registration for the event day will be closed at 0100 hrs of the event day. As this is a ticketed event, you will need to present your confirmation email for admission.
- Registration can be done at T4OpenHouse.com.
All the sessions are full. What can I do?
- You can check online at a later time or closer to the date of your choosing to see if there are vacancies due to cancellations.
HOW TO GET TO T4 OPEN HOUSE
Visitors can get to T4 by the following modes of transport:
a) Private Car – Self-drive and park at T4 Car Park 4A.
b) Taxi – Taxi drop-off directly outside T4 Departure Hall.
c) Free shuttle bus service – Take the shuttle bus service from T3 Coach Stand
(Arrival Hall, next to McDonald‟s). The shuttle bus service is available throughout the event, from 0815 hrs in five-minute intervals.
d) MRT – Take the MRT to Changi Airport and proceed to T3 for the free shuttle bus
service to T4.
e) Public Bus – Alight at T3 and take the free shuttle bus service to T4.
Are taxis available from T4?
- Yes, taxis will be available during the Open House but a taxi surcharge of $5 (Fridays to Sundays, 1700 hrs to midnight) and $3 (all other times) will apply to all trips departing from T4, similar to departures from T1, T2 and T3.
Where do I park my vehicle? How much is the parking fee?
- Drivers and motorists can park at T4 Car Park A. There are 800 spaces available.
- The parking fee is $5 for the first four hours (discounted rate). The regular parking fee of $0.04 per minute (or $2.40 per hour) applies for parking beyond four hours.
How early should I turn up?
- By shuttle bus: Shuttle buses depart from T3 at five-minute intervals. We recommend that you arrive at T3 at least 45 minutes prior to your selected visit time.
- By car/taxi: We recommend that you arrive at T4 at least 30 minutes prior to your selected visit time.
Is my ticket transferrable?
- Yes. The new visitor can register his details on-site to replace the details of the original ticket. Registration details are needed as each visitor will be provided with a unique user ID, which is needed for Wi-Fi access during the Open House, and also to qualify for the daily lucky draw with airlines tickets to be won.
Will there be guided tours?
- No, visitors are encouraged to download the T4 Open House app onto their mobile phones for a self-guided tour around T4. The app will be available for download before the Open House begins. Visitors will be informed of this by email.
- For visitors without smart devices, there are physical visual cues to guide you along the T4 tour route. Service Ambassadors will also be on-ground to offer information and assistance to visitors.
Will food and beverage be available at the Open House?
- No, food and beverage will not be provided or sold at the Open House. You are advised to bring along your own water. Water coolers are available in T4 for visitors‟ use.
Do I have to bring my passport or photo ID with me?
- No, you do not have to bring your passport or photo ID to experience the T4 Open House.
Who do I contact if I have more enquiries?
- You can drop an email at enquiries@T4OpenHouse.com and the organiser will respond to you within 48 hours.