Never in OUR mind to think that in this hot island, Singapore, we can find (the first!) such authentic Onsen & Spa suitable for Families to escape from the hectic and stressful life. And we did! So whether you are looking for some therapeutic hot baths experience without even flying to the land of the hot springs (Japan!), or holistic traditional Thai massage therapy to loosen those tension joints and even healthy homemade Japanese-style food and snacks to maximize relaxation with your kids, the recently opened Yunomori Onsen & Spa located at Kallang Wave Mall is the godsend recreational haven for all of us. (alleluia!)
Well, in order to bring the true digs to you our beloved readers, (all knees on it) we have been there, soaked and fed, and we are back with the verdict that this is definitely not the last time you will see us there, so let us share more on the dos, donts, and what to expect in this luxury family day out! (hey hey! please don’t skip to the giveaway just yet!)
The wide range of hot baths offered at Yunomori are the familiar Japanese communal bath house types, where everyone enjoys the mineral-rich, warm waters for detoxification and relaxation of the body in full nudity (of course, traditional Japanese style). Yunomori bath consists of a total of 11 Onsen hot baths with 6 for men and 5 for women, ranging from Bubble Bath, Soda Spa, Jet Bath, Silk Bath, Cold Bath, and Hot Bath(only for men) together with a Sauna room and Steam Room to rejuvenates the skin, relieves joint and muscle pain, and relaxes both body and mind.
And, not only adults can indulge in this intoxicating enriching luxury, kids are more than welcome to get their little feet wet and relish in the warm, inviting temperature to an authentic and holistic bathing experience.
MUST TRY: SODA SPA AND SILK BATH are every women’s youth saver if you are suspect any sign of ageing skin or tightness in the body muscles, the aquatic therapy of these two hot baths offer tremendous rehabilitative effects.
- SODA SPA consists of a high concentration of CO2, a new technology imported from Japan. The carbon dioxide-rich water increases blood oxygen levels, which improves circulation, reduces high blood pressure, and detoxifies the blood. Eventually, relaxes the body and increases nutrients to the body tissues whilst tightening the skin and improving skin elasticity, ultimately giving a youthful glow.
- While velvety SILK BATH (our favourite!) jets tiny bubbles gave a sensual, silky feel. It said to aid buoyancy, stimulate and relax the muscles. Relieving rheumatic and arthritic aches and pains as well as relieving mental stresses. (yess…)
GOOD TO KNOW:
- Only small towel is allowed in the onsen.
- Japanese Onsen is best enjoyed naked, swimsuits or underwear is not allowed.
- Use the bath area before getting in the Onsen tubs.
- Stools are provided to allow guest to sit and wash their body, and try to not splash around.
- Always tidy up the area after cleaning, and keep the equipment properly as well as ensuring cleanness.
- Be responsible of your own locker key at all time!
- Do not bathe in the bathtub for sanitary reasons, they are mean for soaking only.
- Alwarinseise your sweat off after using the sauna and steam room.
- Tie your hair up!
- No running or swimming in the Onsen bathtubs.
- Good to maintain the environment as a calm and relaxing place, no loud noise, please!
- If You bring your kids, always keep an eye on them.
- Keep yourself hydrated with water before going into the tubs. (water cooler are nearby!)
- Wipe yourself before coming out of the dressing room
- No phones or cameras allowed in the dressing room. Refrain from taking photos in the Onsen room and Dressing room.
- You are only allowed to don on your yukata after you left the Onsen rooms, so keep them in your locker.
- Please put your used Yukata in the laundry basket.
If you still can’t cross that line of being fully naked, fret not as you can still request for these net spa underwear.
Rent these pretty Yukata for free! Dedicated staff is there to help if you don’t know how to wear the sash. Quick Guide: Put the right side over the body and left side over your right, then tie the sash around and move the knot the sash anticlockwise behind you. For Girls, tie the sash under your breast, Guys at your waist! Always make sure it’s not too loose as you are only allowed to wear underwear in it.
Digitalized lockers for use.
Sanitary kit available for use.
MASSAGE & SPA
This is not your run-of-the-mill massage room, each curve of the wall and dim lighting are all well-thought of to provide their customers with the perfect atmosphere to get the most relief from the treatments.
Enter the world of soothing touch which are not simply relaxing, but also impart important health benefits. And if you follow up after the relaxation of the Onsen, the body will be even more receptive to the benefits of massage.
Among 3 different Spa treatments – Thai Massage, Aroma Massage and Herbal Compression, we went straight for the soothing and gentle experience – Aroma Massage. Further, the fragrant essential oils boost the effects of the expert massage and we get to pick from 4 different massage oil, there were the flowery Jasmine, sensual Japanese, sweet Geranium or the herbal Lemongrass. If you want to align the same smell that you get from the bath area, pick Jasmine because even their shower gel and shampoo are all Jasmine scented which greatly helps in antidepressant and antiseptic purposes.
We were so pampered!
DINING & LOUNGE
Head straight to the dining area after your sweet hot bath or rejuvenating massages, as nutritious beverages, refreshing, and traditional Japanese desserts, and light savoury bites are all freshly made on their premises. There is no need to head out to source for food. Apart from the authentic Japanese cuisine prepared by their Japanese chef, the idyllic surrounding boost of traditional Japanese spirit – minimalistic and zen-ish.
Soon, our table was laid with chilled Hokkaido FRESH milk (for the little one) and strawberry milk. It was said that Japanese always order milk after a good soak and NOTHING else tasted better that day, we crossed our hearts on this! Usually, right at this moment, the hunger pang would peek in, so do check out the following mouth-watering dishes that had us going ga-ga across the table and made us feel even healthier for the day. ALL the signatures instantly became our favourite #fotd; must order dishes at Yunomori.
Onsen Tamago ($2)
Yunomori Special – Chicken Karage Curry Rice – $13.80
Japanese Assorted Plate ($17.80)
Matcha Azuki Kakigori – Shaved Ice ($5)
GOOD TO KNOW:
- Self-service cold green tea and Hokkaido candies are placed at the counter. so Feel free relish yourself before the food arrives.
- Practice basic courtesy and return your plates at the counter after you are done.
- keep your volume down when talking as the resting lounge is nearby.
Can’t resist the Hokkaido candies!
And the shaved ice! Guess that’s properly one of the reasons why he likes doing reviews with us. All these good food!
Look at those garden veg! Too bad he only recognise the carrots (for rabbits)
Natural lighting set off an idyllic mood.
Oversized lounges dotted out for a peaceful rest with no time limit to when you want to leave, you can even stay here the whole day.
Overall, this therapeutic hot spring experience, top-notch massage by their experienced masseur, and extremely tasty Japanese cuisines made our day a super rejuvenated one and the experience was divine! And trust us, not an inch of us want to leave that lounge. So the next time, when you are at Sports hub with your kids, skip the fun outdoor water splash playground and nurture a unique and powerful experience of relaxation with the ultimate Japanese hospitality, exceptional service and all-encompassing facilities for an essential escape away….
To give our readers a chance to own a sense of well-being with your family, we are giving away a set of 4 Onsen Passes for a wholesome FAMILY experience at Yunomori Onsen & Spa Singapore, to win, read for further details below!
1 Stadium Place #02-17/18 Kallang Wave Mall Singapore 397628 || 6386 4126 / 6385 7985 || 10.00 am. – 11.00 pm. Daily || Yunomori Onsen & Spa Singapore is located at Kallang Wave Mall, the retail section of Singapore Sports Hub ||
Win Onsen Passes To Yunomori Onsen & Spa Singapore!
Family Staycation Sg is giving away 1 Set of Family Passes (4 onsen passes) to the above mention venue.
Contest Period: 14 July – 21 July 2016 | Contest closes on 21 July 2016, at 11:59 am.
- Like and Share our posts! Tag 5 friends!
- Subscribe to our newsletter (receive more updates and giveaways!)
- Where is Yunomori Onsen & Spa located? Name the mall.
- one lucky winner will be randomly selected, results to be announced on 21 July 2016.
- the winner gets 4 tickets.(open to adults and children to visit)
- All results are final.
- Passes are not transferable for sale.
- Collection details will be advised via confirmation email.
- Photography / Video Recording Rules
- Non-flash photography is allowed in the Onsen room.
Disclosure: Giveaway Tickets are sponsored by Yunomori Onsen & Spa Singapore.
If you like our articles, com’ on follow us on our Facebook page!