Yes! We know National Day is happening in less than a month, while this year PlayLAH! Let’s Celebrate! NDP 2017 will be partnering Singapore’s National Day Parade Organising Committee to bring back the 6thedition of the PlayLAH! series held at Singapore EXPO with a myriad of activities and events for Families! Themed “One Nation Together, One Community Gathers”, new additional themed villages –Music, Sports and Tech will be introduced for this event with numerous fringe events held alongside the carnival within the traditional 4 zones – Play, Learn, Eat and Bond and several brand new stage performances.
In collaboration with Fest Events International, the annual Singapore Drum Festival will be held alongside PlayLAH!, which includes the Ultimate Drummer’s Weekend as well as the Drum Off Singapore Competition.
4 THEMATIC ZONES: PLAY, LEARN, EAT, BOND
Bigger and better than previous editions, the 4 zones traditionally associated with PlayLAH! – Play, Learn, Eat and Bond are back with new rides, game concepts and content to engage parents and children of all ages.
PlayLAH’s Play Zone brings families the fun of outdoors into the comfort of indoors through signature bouncies and children’s rides, as they have become well-known for their size and variety. There are plenty of carnival-style play structures meant for children of all ages, while not forgetting parents and grandparents. Visitors can choose from inflatables of various shapes, forms and sizes, and even giant mazes for the whole family
to get lost in!
Rides and bouncies include:
– Captain’s Ship
– Racing Bikes
– Circus Bouncer
– Farm Slide
– Extreme Large Challenger
– Min-Paddle Boat
– Carnival Game Booths
– Inflatable Maze amongst others.
The Learn zone enables families to re-experience the joy of learning, where in this edition new partners the likes of NS50, Society Staples, Singapore Discovery Centre and Extraordinary Horizons will add to the exciting mix of existing learning partners already in our mix, including National Heritage Board and PUB. There is always something new to discover, or re-discover, in this little island of a country we call Singapore.
Some highlights include:
– Life-Size-Games by Society Staples
– WE: Defining Stories by National Heritage Board
– Community in Bloom by National Parks Board
– Sign Language Activities by ExtraOrdinary Horizons
– Activity Booth by NS50
– Farm Wall by Let’s Grow
– Games & Activities Booth by PA Water Venture
With Singaporean’s ever-evolving palate demanding an ever-evolving selection of delectable food options, especially in a family carnival. Singapore and food go hand in hand together, so PlayLAH! has enhanced its food offerings this year in the Eat zone to bring families even more special, tasty treats to look forward.
Some new F&B options on offer will include:
– Noi Noi Sausages
– Okada Sweets
– Tunglok Catering
– Coffee Bandits
– Fiesta D’Arena
– Curry & Tandor
– Quandut Trading
– Noodle Cafe
As for the Bond Zone, there will be activities galore where working on something together as a family is the order of the day. Be it handicraft, DIY workshops, game booths or even exploring new technologies together, the variety of activities in the Bond Zone will ensure that everybody in the family is involved and engaged. Some of the new offerings will include the Jumping Fitness booth by Jumping Singapore and children’s Olympiad challenges by Singapore Kindness Movement.
– DIY Animal Lantern
– Fan & Wooden Bark Painting
– Do-It-Together Workshops
– Scratch Craft Workshops
– Colouring Workshops
– Future Learning Workshops by StagMatch (Robot Coding)
– Ninebot Mini Pro Maze by ITE College Central in collaboration with Ninebot Mini Pro Equipment
PlayLAH!’s new Stage Performances
Distinguishing itself from traditional carnivals, PlayLAH! provides a wholesome stage entertainment for the whole family and this edition will see evolved, exciting mix of performances and stage activities by working with the best partners for the ultimate family experience. Participants are also encouraged to join in the fun by participating in various planned stage activities.
Some highlights include:
– Bolly Dazz Workout by Bolly Dancing Studio
– Chinese Dance by NTU Chinese Dance Club
– Guitar Performance by St Patrick’s School Guitar Ensemble
– Deaf Performance by ExtraOrdinary Horizons
– POUND Rockout Workout by Grace Sagaya
– Malay Dance by Greenview Secondary School’s Rentak Permata
– Save-A-Life Skit by Singapore Heart Foundation
– Project Blue WaVe Skit by PA Water Venture
PlayLAH!’s new Thematic Villages: Music Village, Sports Village, and Tech Village
In a celebration of firsts, PlayLAH! Let’s Celebrate! 2017 will see fresh new thematic villages specially created for additional fun, games and activity options for the entire family.(in collaboration with Challenger)
- The PlayLAH! Music Village, part of the Learn zone, will see a collaboration between SingEx Venues International and Fest Events International to bring together a mix of everything that families will ever need to experience and learn about music under one roof.
- The PlayLAH! Sports Village features sporting partners, exhibitors and volunteers coming together to bring families a mishmash of wholesome activities, including children’s trampoline by Jumping Singapore, Ninebot Mini Pro games featuring shooting hoops, manoeuvring through obstacles and playing floorball on wheels (by ITE College Central), and mini obstacle courses in the Kindsville Friendship Olympiad.
- The PlayLAH! Tech Village brought into the carnival through official Tech Gaming Partner Challenger, will offer parents and children the unique opportunity to experience new technology gadgets and lifestyle offerings together as a family, part of the learning journey where families come together and enjoy technology while appreciating the role it plays in today’s world.
- Carnival coupons can either be pre-purchased online or at the venue, in $5 denominations.
- To receive complimentary $5 carnival coupons, visitors can simply download the official PlayLAH! app available at the Apple App Store or Google Play store from August 2017.
- NTUC silver card members will be able to redeem free goodie bags (on a first-come-first- served basis) when they flash their cards at the door.
04 – 06 August 2017
12 PM –9 PM
Singapore EXPO Hall 5, 1 Expo Drive, Singapore 486150
Admission to the event is free and no pre-registration is required.
WIN! 3 X $100 Robinson Expo Vouchers for Giveaways!
Family Staycation Sg is giving away Three x complimentary $100 Robinson Expo Vouchers!
Contest Period: 27 July – 1 Aug 2017 | Contest closes: 1 Aug 2017, at 11:59 am.
- Like & Share post on our Facebook & IG account!
- Reposts image on IG!
- Tag 5 friends (on the post)
- That’s all!
- The 3 Lucky Winners will be randomly selected, results will be announced on 1 Aug 2017.
- Each winner will receive a $100 Robinson Expo Vouchers, and only to be used during Expo fairs.
- All results are final.
- The prize will not be transferable nor for sale.
- Collection details will be advised via confirmation email.
- Other terms & conditions applied.
Disclosure: Giveaway prize is sponsored by Sing Expo.
If you like our articles, com’ on follow us on our Facebook page!