More than a resort…
You might be yanking your hair in search for a suitable vacation for the upcoming holidays, but your budgets are tight. The wallets are verifiable light from all the daily expenses. So instead of heading abroad, why not keep your luggage in town to have a taste of the newly revamped D’ Resort at Downtown East – with an array of exciting leisure activities lined up for a perfect family staycation!
To cater to all ages and budgets, D’Resort has been undergoing the redevelopment project since 2012. Aim to bring you closer to nature while providing modern and convenient facilities in their rooms. Well-thought theme rooms, suites and integrated water park features to disconnect families from the usual hustle & bustle of life with a great adventure for everyone.
With our feet wallowed deep into their Rainforest Family Underwater room, Our official staycation experience has been blessed by D’Resort. While following our Site tour review, you would have known that Rainforest Family offers a choice between Amazonian Jungle and Underwater themed rooms. And to add on to those fascinating themes, there is also one more room specially designed with an M&Ms theme!
Check out their fluffy double-decker bunk bed which is set in all Rainforest Family theme rooms. Parents get the queen size bed alongside them. One look at the fascinating walls of the Underwater room, we are totally soaked into the atmosphere of the staycation – think integrated water theme park, interactive indoor play area at eXplorerkid and bowling alley down at Downtown East and also a box of treasure awaiting to be discovered within all the Rainforest Family theme rooms! The kids will go crazy just taking all this in!
While we explore around our perch for the day, we caught or little explorer having his own sweet time getting used to his night rest area. Though the stairs may see too steep for his age (1-year-old), but somehow (with our eagle eyes on him of course) he did manage to make his way up to the upper deck all by himself! Goo..ood Job baby!
To solve the puzzle sheet, you got to unlock the 3 combination lock on the treasure box, and the good news is your babies get to keep what they find inside the chest! Ours was 2 lovely dolphins and 2 sets of dental kits! Imagine how the kids will react when they get to bring these home, nothing beats then having new toys!
From the Ikea high stool specially placed in the bathroom for kids to reach the sink to kid’s size potty toilet seats and also colorful children cutlery tucked away in the cardboard – constantly keeping our young ones in mind that this staycation is not only for the adults, but they are also part of this whole experience. Small little touches of D’resort’s hospitality touches our heart, how sweet!
Not forgetting – Daddy and Mummy you are entitled to your caffeine fix with the conveniently available Nespresso capsules!
Did we mention why we love their tap? Take a closer look, you will get it, or better yet, come and experience it yourself! We called that family friendly!
Down at their spacious lobby, there are massage chairs for the tired feet after a long day at the theme parks or Downtown east. While you already had your meals after a thrilling yet exhausting day, there are also a Cheers outlet and cafe area – White Tangerine on level 2 in case you need to satisfy any supper pangs – we say have a go at their buffalo wings! (seriously sedap sia!)
Money saving tips from D’resort when booking a stay!
- Christmas and New Year Packages – To offset your spending when you stay here, during the above holiday season you get to receive a $20 Downtown East voucher when you check-in on 25th Dec 2015 and 1st January 2016!
- NTUC members enjoy privileges and benefits – Member privileges at D’Resort includes unlimited access into Wild Wild Wet during their stay, discounted BBQ pit for Park View, Beach Cove and Mangrove Walk chalet units ($25 for members versus $35 for non-members) and discounted car park rates!
- Book early and during off-peak periods – Booking is open six months in advance and room rates are the lowest when you book as early in advance as possible. Off peak, stays (check-in from Sundays to Thursdays) are also more affordable.
- Read our site tour review to know our recommended family friendly rooms and suites.
Insider tips for awesome staycation!
- Don’t spread yourself too thin – the check in time is at late afternoon 3pm thus by the time you get to your room, time to prepare for early dinner and early rest for the next day of activities. So if you can, give yourself two days to cover the theme parks or activities at Downtown East. Alternatively you can come back for another getaway!
- Weather weather weather – Be prepare for rainy day, as much for Sunny days, remember to pack and slap on sunscreen, and bring along towels for the wet rides. Some visitors bring along their own ponchos!
Lastly, Pray for good weather!
D’Resort @ Downtown East | T: 6589 1865, 6582 3322 | A: 1 Pasir Ris Close, S519599 |